September 30, 2010

Pesto Garlic Bread

Pesto Garlic Bread 
I love bread. 
I really love bread.
Understatement? Very likely.

Ode to Bread by PR

Be it flat, a stick, a twist, or a roll. 
Be it with garlic, cheese, or other spread. 
Be it corn, banana, or sour dough.  
It is wonderful, this food we call bread.

Wow. Okay.  I will not do that again, but you get the point and so onto the recipe after the jump.


Process

I was planning on making garlic bread to go with my pan-fried Tilapia however I noticed a container of pesto sitting my fridge that was going to go bad soon, so I thought "Self, can you use that?" 
I figured that the pesto should actually go pretty well with the garlic bread and let's just say I used up way more of the French rolls than I had originally intended.



The recipe is very simple. I first took about a half-cup of the pesto, a tablespoon of minced garlic and a stick of unsalted butter that has been softened and mixed the components together.

Afterwards I cut some French rolls lengthwise, slapped some of the pesto-garlic-butter and sprinkled a healthy dose of finely grated Parmesan cheese on top. I then  popped them into the broiler for about six minutes.

What came out was a wonderful bubbly mess of cheesy, buttery, pesto goodness.


Pesto Garlic Bread


Ingredients


1 loaf French bread
1/2 cup pesto
1 Tbs garlic (minced)
1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated)


Directions
  1. Mix pesto, butter, and garlic together.
  2. Slice the bread lengthwise and slather a good amount of the pesto-garlic-butter mix on top.
  3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
  4. Broil until bubbly - usually 5 to 6 minutes
  5. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment